Thursday, April 8, 2010

Carey Mulligan


On being more than just a fashion icon: “I was at a press conference and Woody Harrelson was answering questions in front of me and they were asking him what his motivation was, and how he felt about his character. I got up there, and they said, ‘What are you wearing?’ And I thought, ‘There was a time when I was an actress. Not just someone who wore dresses.’ I don’t really care that much about fashion, I just have a brilliant stylist who dresses me, and in my own life, I’m pretty simple. So that side of things has been wearing. But then I slept for 15 hours after the Baftas and felt slightly more normal again. I don’t want to become annoying. I don’t want people to think, ‘Oh, her again.’ I want to play supporting characters more often than lead roles, and I think that’s where the most interesting parts lie.”

[pics and story from Wonderland Magazine]

No comments:

Post a Comment