Monday, March 15, 2010

FIDM

"Creativity is inventing, experimenting,
growing, taking risks, breaking rules,
making mistakes, and having fun."
[Mary Lou Cook]

I recently went to a fashion show at FIDM and got to see some of the amazing work the students put forth. (There was also a tribute to Judy Garland a Liza Minnelli during the show which I also enjoyed.)
My favorite student designer for the show was Juancarlos Fabian. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything about him on the internet, but I did see this, which was rather interesting.
Hosting the event was the fabulous Nick Verreos, who is a professor at FIDM and was also a contestant on season 2 of Project Runway. Nick also has his own line, Nikolaki, which you can check out here. He has some runway worthy dresses with pockets coming out in his future designs, which excited me.

Here are some pics of audience members I took:

I loved that he was wearing an ascot. 
I also liked how he paired military style boots with a more dressed up style.

Girl on the left, loved her bold use of lingerie (I'm a fan of the lingerie as outwear look).
She had on this great fur jacket too (which is in her hand, it was white).
I also enjoyed the blazer on the girl on the left.  I like the pairing of a very feminine floral shirt with the masculine rolled-up blazer.

No comments:

Post a Comment